As most of you know I’m finishing up my book in Spain and I wanted to share my tips on getting extravagant hotels for cheap. I was staying in Barcelona and decided that I wanted to “stretch my legs” so I booked a sexy Benz convertible and started heading down the coast to sight see in the day and then work on my book at night. It’s been on my goal list for a long time to get an awesome car and drive down a Mediterranean coast. I’m kicking the crap out of my bucket list and loving it!
When I see a cool fort on a hill top, smell something delicious that a Nona is making at her restaurant, or see a sign for ruins (I LOVE ancient ruins) I pull over and experience it and then drive on. I haven’t been happier than this week. I live to drive and enjoy a special place!
I got a CRAZY deal on my rental car (I’ll write about this next) and I’ve been staying in awesome boutique hotels where I always try to stay. How does one afford boutique hotels when you have impeccable, style and taste but smarts to keep it in your high interest savings account you ask? This is how I do it..
1. Research The Best Boutique Hotels: I will open 100 windows and search for all of the best boutique hotels in the area. I’ll also look just outside the city that I want to stay in to get a better deal. Since I have a car, this isn’t a problem. It’s all about getting a great deal on a beautiful, chic hotel.
2. Search Online For the Best Deal: Search bookings.com, Expedia, Trip Advisor, Travelocity and THEIR own site to see which has the best rates. It surprisingly varies who has the best rates. Then search for promo codes for that hotel. Try them all and they might still work! If you’re having trouble staying within your budget, call the hotel and use your charm. Tell them that you’ll book through them if they can throw in meals or transport from the airport. It all adds up!
3. Book Single Beds and Get Upgraded: Search for a single bed. I’ve been saving $75 a night just by saying there is only one person staying. If you meet a friend, you can go to their place. 🙂 Normally there are very few single rooms and I get upgraded to a double anyway! Win win.
4. Stay With The Same Hotel Chain: I’m stayed at the medium hotel chain in Sitges and asked the manager if there was a medium in Valncia, where I was going next. The manager gave me his card and told me to show it for a discount when I checked in. I did and saved another 15% and got a crazy huge room with a sitting area! It always pays to ask for perks.
5. Get Parking and More From The Hotel: Parking in Sitges, Spain was $45 a day and with the hotels discount it went down to $25. It’s always great to ask for discounts on dinners, trips, and parking from the hotel.
Hope everyone is having an awesome week and keep living like a Millionaire on a Middle Class budget!
#sweaty #sohot #hotmess